Tuesday, February 25, 2014

"When are you going to have kids?"

While single, you're always asked "why are you single?". When dating, you're always asked "when are you getting engaged?". When engaged, everyone wants to know "when is the wedding?" (and "am I invited?!"). When married, everyone asks "when are you going to have a baby?".

Why can't people just be allowed to do these things when they're physically/emotionally ready? And with the right person?

I have been married for just about 5 months, and I'm really sick of the "why aren't you pregnant?" question. I've tried to be polite, but I'm about at my breaking point. Even people who I've explained why I'm not, still ask me all the time. Guess what, it's not your business.

Some couples are waiting until they have a home big enough; others wait until they have some extra money (babies are expensive, yo!); some couples try and try and just can not get pregnant, or if they do, are having problems staying pregnant; and some couples just do not want to have children!

The decision to have a child is a personal one between both parents. It's not something that should be taken lightly or jumped into.

And if I do get pregnant, you don't need to ask, you will all know when Joe and I know there is a healthy baby growing inside of my belly.


*end rant*

No comments:

Post a Comment